Monday, March 23, 2020

Boys’ Club, Short Film, Review And Interview




Boys' Club is an irreverent and funny Story of two young men trapped in a bunker after the apocalypse. The audience's reaction to the story was a mix of OMG and laughter. The premise starts in the synopsis and delivered on the punch line.

I saw Boys' Club at the 2019 FilmQuest film festival (website). It was nominated for Best Student Short.

I would recommend this for adults who are alright with what is shared below and are able to see the humor in the situation.

Synopsis

A deteriorating sex addict spots a sex doll outside of his underground apocalypse bunker.

Boys' Club was written and directed by Troy Dewinne. Here he shares his inspiration for this movie and what he is working along. He also talks why he became a filmmaker and other things he likes.

What was the inspiration for Boys' Club?

It was a simple question at first:

How can I make masturbation integral to the plot without losing the audience to a slapstick comedy headspace?

Once I figured out the post apocalypse setting and found a real Cold War bunker I could use, the rest was (deleted from my browser) history.

 

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

I'm currently in the finalizing stages for Gobble, an animated television series about two goblins trying to become the realm's first goblin pop musicians. There are no sex dolls (so far), but still heavily a dark comedy with a lot of fantasy-like drugs. Look out for Gobble next year as we have a pitch bible, script, and proof of concept that will be going through the film festival circuit!

What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

Way back in high school my friend Ethan Dirks and I made these poor quality YouTube parodies. They were terrible, but were getting decent views for the time (20,000–150,000). My biggest revelation was after uploading a parody video for Friday by Rebecca Black, Rooster Teeth uploaded a parody video months later with the same exact premise...and it was terrible!

Made me think: We came up with an idea before an actual film company and we did a better job!

Definitely started the ball rolling for my inevitable film career.

 

What would be your dream project?

Hyperion by Dan Simmons is my favorite novel bar none. If I was able to direct an adaptation of that book, either feature or television series that would 100% be my dream project.

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

I've been making really dumb music with my friends as a pass time for a few years now. We hang out, improv some lyrics and chords, and then search through the muck for some semblance of a song. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. Always fun!

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

Chungking Express directed by Wong Kar-wai. That film had me sitting in my car for an hour trying to comprehend it. The crazy thing: Chungking Expressisn't a hard film to understand, it's how the director represented the story (cinematography, acting, sound design, editing, everything!) that just floored me when I first saw it. Highly recommend. So weird, but SO GOOD!

You can find out more about Boys' Club on IMDb (link).

Follow the film on Facebook (link).

And, watch the trailer on Vimeo (link).

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).


 

0 comments:

Country

free counters
 

ဦးဘုန္း (ဓာတု) မႏၱေလး. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved Free Wordpress Templates by Brian Gardner Blogger Templates presents HD TV Fringe Streaming. Featured on Wedding Photographers Singapore.